Chlorine in Potable & Mains Water
- Product Code: CKH 1001 FBM Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine (0-5mg/l Cl2)£51.96 £43.30Out of stock
- Product Code: CKH 1292 Palintest Contour Colour Comparator Kit Iron (MR) 0 - 10 mg/L Fe£51.96 £43.30
- Product Code: 147020 Lovibond Checkit Comparator Chlorine 0-4 mg/l Test Kit£53.36 £44.47
- Product Code: 147000 Lovibond Checkit Comparator Chlorine 0.02 - 0.3 mg/l£61.48 £51.23
- Product Code: CKH 2003 FBM Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine 0-1mg/l / pH£64.99 £54.16
- Product Code: CKH 2001 Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine 0-5mg/l / pH£64.99 £54.16
- Product Code: CKH 2002 FBM Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine 0 -2 mg/l / pH£64.99 £54.16
- Product Code: 278110 FBM Lovibond MD100T Pool Control 3 in 1 (Bromine Test)£345.95 £288.29
- Product Code: HT1000 HydroTest® HT1000 Engineers Photometry Kit Trace2O£1,338.76 £1,115.63
What levels of Chlorine are Acceptable
The World Health Organisation has set a health based guideline maximum value of 5 mg/l for chlorine as a residual disinfectant in drinking water.
The levels in tap water in England and Wales are well below this guideline and most water companies aim to keep the level below 1 mg/l.
Your water company will provide you with a free water quality report showing the maximum and minimum level of residual chlorine in your local water supply on request.
You can test the level of chlorine in the water supplies using the test kits below.