Pools, Spa, Hot Tubs
Items 1-90 of 114
- Product Code: 515935 Lovibond Refil Pack For 3 Chamber Tester (4 in 1 Test Kit)£6.60 £5.50
- Product Code: 157060 FBM Lovibond Minitester Chlorine 0-3mg/l / pH Low Range£7.64 £6.37
- Product Code: SP 614 FBM Palintest Chlorine (0 3mg/l) /pH / Alkalinity Pooltester Kit£8.65 £7.21
- Product Code: SP 616 Palintest Pooltester Bromine / pH / Total Alkalinity£10.19 £8.49
- Product Code: 515865 Lovibond Active Oxygen-Copper pH Pooltester Refill Pack£18.58 £15.48
- Product Code: CKD 1109 FBM Palintest Comparator Disc, Nitrite, 0 - 0.4 mg/L N£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: CKD 1003 Palintest Comparator Disc, Chlorine (Free and Total), 0 - 1 mg/L Cl2£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: CKD 1001 Palintest Contour Comparator Disc (Free & Total Chlorine)£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: CKD 1177 Palintest Comparator Disc, Phosphate LR, 0 - 4 mg/L PO 4£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: CKD 1192 Palintest Comparator Disc, Alkalinity (Alkavis), 0 - 250 mg/l CaCO3£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: CKD 1292 Palintest Comparator Disc, Iron MR, 0 - 10 mg/L Fe£26.03 £21.69
- Product Code: BD2 Lovibond Photometer 3 Pack Reagent Bundle (100 Pack Size)£27.72 £23.10
- Product Code: CKH 162/250 Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine High Range 0-250mg/l£49.10 £40.92
- Product Code: CKH 1001 FBM Palintest Contour Comparator Kit Chlorine (0-5mg/l Cl2)£52.00 £43.33
- Product Code: 147030 FBM Lovibond CHECKIT COMPARATOR CHLORINE 10 - 300 mg/l£58.49 £48.74
- Product Code: 147000 Lovibond CHECKIT COMPARATOR CHLORINE 0.02 - 0.3 mg/l£58.49 £48.74
- Product Code: BD3 Lovibond Photometer 5 Pack Reagent Bundle (100 Pack Size)£62.38 £51.98
- Product Code: HI-762 Hanna Insturments HI-762 Ultra Low Range Free Chlorine Handheld Colorimeter, Checker®HC£71.26 £59.38
- Product Code: BD4 Lovibond Photometer 6 Pack Reagent Bundle (100 Pack Size)£78.12 £65.10
- Product Code: SKH 129C Palintest Contour Comparator Balanced Water Kit (with Cyanuric Acid)£92.22 £76.85
- Product Code: ELITEPCTS Thermo Scientific Eutech™ Elite pH and CTS Pocket Tester£151.20 £126.00
- Product Code: 411120 Lovibond AF112A Free, Combined & Total Chlorine Kit£198.48 £165.40
- Product Code: ELITEPHSPEAR Thermo Scientific Eutech™ Elite pH Spear Pocket Sensor£226.80 £189.00
- Product Code: ECPH601PLUS Thermo Scientific Eutech™ Plus Series pH6+ pH/ORP Meter£250.74 £208.95
- Product Code: SP 129C Palintest Balanced Water and Chlorine/ pH / Cyanuric Acid£267.01 £222.51
- Product Code: SP 117 Palintest Standard Pool Comparator Kit - Chlorine/pH/Alkalinity£277.33 £231.11
- Product Code: SP 118 Palintest Standard Pool Comparator Kit - Bromine,alkalinity, pH kit£282.25 £235.21
- Product Code: SPS 003X Palintest Pooltest 3 Photometer (Extended Chlorine) Soft Case£288.54 £240.45
- Product Code: ECPH502PLUSK Thermo Scientific Eutech™ Plus Series pH 5+ Meter & carrying kit set£301.14 £250.95
- Product Code: SPH 003X Palintest Pooltest 3 Photometer (Extended Chlorine) Hard Case£319.75 £266.46
- Product Code: 278110 FBM Lovibond MD100T Pool Control 3 in 1 (Bromine Test)£320.23 £266.86
- Product Code: ECPH602PLUSK Thermo Scientific Eutech™ Plus Series pH6+ pH/ORP Meter & carrying kit set£326.34 £271.95
- Product Code: 411296 Lovibond AF129CYS Balanced Water Test Kit with Cyanuric Acid£367.12 £305.93
- Product Code: 2980902 FBM Lovibond MD110 Pool Control 6 in 1 (New with bluetooth)£393.31 £327.76
- Product Code: SPS 006X Palintest Pooltest 6 Photometer (Extended Chlorine Soft Case)£401.74 £334.78
Our range of water testing equipment meets every application and budget. The range includes simple Block Testers for domestic pools through to Visual Comparators and Photometer-based Digital Systems for the more discerning users. For details on which instrument would be best for your needs, please contact us
The essential routine tests are for the disinfectant levels (normally Chlorine or Bromine), pH, Total Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness though many opt for the comprehensive Water Balance Kits.
The benefits of regular and accurate water testing ensures safety, reduced costs (chemicals are expensive) and, most of all, peace of mind.
We supply Lovibond and Palintest test kits, reagents and tablets for a wide range of tests undertaken by those who care for swimming pools, spas and hot tubs
If you cannot find the test kit or tablets you are looking for then please let us know and we can get it ordered for you.
To ask any questions please email us
What should I be testing my pool for?
Besides the tests for levels of disinfection present the pool there are a number of other tests you may wish to consider.
The definition of pH, without getting too much into the complicated chemistry, is a measurement of how acidic, or how basic "alkaline" something is. The pH scale, registering from 0-14. Something with a pH of 7 or less is considered acidic, and anything with a pH of greater than 7 is considered basic or alkaline.
Many of the things that come into contact with your pool will have a similar pH rating to the water, but even minute differences in pH can have a measurable effect.
Why do I need to measure pH?
Most swimming pools using chlorine based disinfectants will aim for the sweet spot of around 7.2-7.4, with the best being 7.3 (Spa pools aiming for 7.0-7.2)
Outside of that range, especially if it starts getting far beyond that, it can quickly become hazardous to your bathers; causing eye and skin irritation, or serious physical harm if it’s considerably outside of that range.
Second, your pool pH level has a direct effect on the effectiveness of the chlorine in your pool. The higher your pH the less effective your chlorine is at disinfecting your pool. So, if you have a pH of 8, whatever your chlorine level is will be less effective than the same amount of chlorine at a normal pH level.
What is Alkalinity?
Total Alkalinity, not to be confused with something alkaline is a measurement of the alkaline salts present in the water, it is an important measure separate from pH, but it does have an effect on pH.
Sophisticated science aside, it contributes to the stability of pH in your pool.
PWTAG guidance recommends the target ranges for swimming pools should be;
Sodium Hypochlorite 120mg/l – 150mg/l
Calcium Hypochlorite 80mg/l – 120mg//
Chlorine Gas 200mg/l
Why adjust Alkalinity?
If we have low total alkalinity in our pools, the pH will bounce around wildly, even with minimal factors influencing it. What this leads to though is a wasteful usage of chemicals. If we add acid to get our pH down, and it’s extremely effective, that’s great. Until, that is, we realize that what we added was too effective, and now we need to raise pH and the cycle then continues, bouncing back and forth above and below the desired range.
So having a total alkalinity that serves to anchor down your pH, and keep it from fluctuating wildly at every whisper of change can save you a lot of chemicals and money!
What is Calcium Hardness?
Calcium hardness is the amount of dissolved calcium in the water. Hard water areas generally have higher amounts of dissolved calcium in the water, whereas soft water has low to no calcium.
In swimming pools we recommend calcium hardness levels be over 75mg /l as lower than this there is a risk of your pool becoming corrosive. The general accepted range for Calcium Hardness is the region 100mg/l – 300mg/l however higher levels may be experienced in very hard water areas.
Why adjust Calcium Hardness?
Calcium hardness is important to have in your pool water at all times for one very simple reason. Water is hungry, and water that doesn’t have the calcium it desires will try to leach it out of anything it comes into contact with. Whether it’s getting it from your pool shell, your paint, your piping, or even the inner workings of your pumps!
The result of this would be brittle and breaking pool equipment and surfaces! But luckily it’s an easy fix!