Water Analysis COD / BOD
- Product Code: HI-731351 Hanna Instruments-731351 25 Tips for 1000 uL Pipet£16.31 £13.59
- Product Code: HI-740142P Hanna Instruments-740142P Graduated Syringe for COD reagents (10pcs)£20.35 £16.96
- Product Code: HI-731311 Hanna Instruments-731311 5 Empty COD Vials with Caps£42.76 £35.63
- Product Code: PL 465 Palintest Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Tubetests - Containing Mercury for high Chloride samples£50.45 £42.04
- Product Code: PL 467 Palintest Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Tubetests - Containing Mercury for high Chloride samples£50.51 £42.09
- Product Code: PL 468 Palintest Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) Tubetests - Containing Mercury for high Chloride samples£57.98 £48.32
- Product Code: HI-93754D-25 Hanna Instruments-93754D-25 Low Range COD Reagents, Mercury Free£60.94 £50.78
- Product Code: HI-93754E-25 Hanna Instruments-93754E-25 Medium Range COD Reagents, Mercury Free£60.94 £50.78
- Product Code: HI-93754B-25 Hanna Instruments-93754B-25 Medium range COD reagents£60.94 £50.78
- Product Code: HI-93754A-25 Hanna Instruments-93754A-25 Low Range COD Reagents 0-150mg/l£60.94 £50.78
- Product Code: HI-93754C-25 Hanna Instruments-93754C-25 High Range COD reagents£60.94 £50.78
- Product Code: HI-93754G-25 Hanna Instruments-93754G-25 Medium Range COD Reagents, ISO 15705£63.84 £53.20
- Product Code: HI-93754F-25 Hanna Instruments-93754F-25 Low Range COD reagents, ISO 15705£63.84 £53.20
- Product Code: HI-740217 Hanna Instruments-740217 Safety Shield for the Hanna Instruments-839800-02£91.72 £76.43
- Product Code: HI-740216 Hanna Instruments-740216 Stainless Steel Test Tube Rack£91.72 £76.43
- Product Code: PL 553 Palintest Dissolved Oxygen Photometer Liquid Vials£120.34 £100.28
- Product Code: HT1000 HydroTest® HT1000 Engineers Photometry Kit Trace2O£1,338.76 £1,115.63
- Product Code: HI-83314-02 Hanna Instruments-83314-02 Multi-parameter Wastewater & Water Photometer with COD and pH meter£1,394.96 £1,162.47
- Product Code: HI-83314KIT-MR Hanna Instruments-83314KIT-MR Chemical Oxygen Demand Starter Kit - Medium Range£2,361.68 £1,968.07
- Product Code: HI-83314KIT-HR Hanna Instruments-83314KIT-HR Chemical Oxygen Demand Starter Kit - High Range£2,361.68 £1,968.07
- Product Code: HI-83314KIT-LR Hanna Instruments-83314KIT-LR Chemical Oxygen Demand Starter kit - Low Range£2,361.68 £1,968.07
What is the difference between BOD, COD or TOC?
Almost all wastewater treatment plants are required to measure one of these three items as a measure of the pollution value in the water. COD should always measure higher than TOC and then BOD.
COD or Chemical Oxygen Demand is the total measurement of all chemicals in the water that can be oxidized.
TOC or Total Organic Carbon is the measurement of organic carbons.
BOD- Biochemical Oxygen Demand is supposed to measure the amount of food (or organic carbons) that bacteria can oxidize.
COD is usually a measurement of chemicals and the test is simple and easy to perform with the right equipment and can be done in 2 hours.
BOD usually takes 5 days.
TOC are now available in tube kits that utilize COD digesters to run a test similar to a COD test method and are now possible to run a quick, simple and inexpensive TOC test.