We are trading & dispatching as normal. We cannot guarantee our courier & Royal Mail delivery times however.
Wine & Brewing
- Product Code: HI-740236 Hanna Instruments-740236 5ml syringe for mini titrator£15.11 £12.59
- Product Code: HI-84502-50 Hanna Instruments-84502-50 Titrant Solution, 230ml£26.16 £21.80
- Product Code: HI-84502-55 Hanna Instruments-84502-55 Pump Calibration Standard, 120ml£49.37 £41.14
- Product Code: HI-847492-11 Hanna Instruments-847492-11 Calibration cuvette kit£121.30 £101.08
- Product Code: HI-70500 Hanna Instruments-70500 Tube set with cap for titrant bottle, dosing tip and valve£135.20 £112.67
- Product Code: HI-96814 Hanna Instruments-96814 Refractometer for wine with Oechsei, Babo and Brix scales£285.52 £237.93
- Product Code: HI-96812 Hanna Instruments-96812 Refractometer for wine 0 to 28% Baumé scale£285.52 £237.93
- Product Code: HI-96813 Hanna Instruments-96813 Refractometer for wine with Potential Alcohol & Brix scale£285.52 £237.93
- Product Code: HI-96811 Hanna Instruments-96811 Refractometer for wine 0 to 50% Brix range£285.52 £237.93
- Product Code: HI-96816 Hanna Instruments-96816 Refractometer for wine with Potential Alcohol£285.52 £237.93
- Product Code: HI-10482 Hanna Instruments-10482 HALO® Bluetooth® pH Electrode for Wine£298.85 £249.04
- Product Code: HI-1048B/50 Hanna Instruments-1048B/50 pH Electrode for Wine Measurements£356.30 £296.92
- Product Code: HI-99111 Hanna Instruments-99111 Portable pH Meter for Wine Analysis£555.92 £463.27
- Product Code: HI-83303-02 Hanna Instruments-83303-02 AquaCulture Multi-parameter Photometer with pH Meter£718.37 £598.64
- Product Code: HI-83306-02 Hanna Instruments-83306-02 Multi-parameter Environmental Analysis Photometer with pH meter£718.37 £598.64
- Product Code: HI-83305-02 Hanna Instruments-83305-02 Multi-parameter Photometer & pH Meter for Boiling and Cooling towers£718.37 £598.64
- Product Code: HI-83303K Hanna Instruments-83303K Aquaculture Photometer kit£807.18 £672.65
- Product Code: HI-847492-02 Hanna Instruments-847492-02 Haze Meter for Beer Quality Analysis£905.22 £754.35
- Product Code: HI-83399 Hanna Instruments-83399 Water and wastewater multi-parameter with COD photometer & pH meter£1,664.23 £1,386.86
What Do You Need
As more and more water is being piped across the UK, consistency of quality is paramount in all beverage manufacture. Whether that is in flavour, body or mouth feel in the final product or hygiene throughout your plant.
We supply a variety of water tests kits to assist you measure your source water. We supply simple visual testing kits through to mulitparameter photometers used on larger commercial breweries.
With our ranges of test kits you can know exactly what is in your water.
When we test water for brewing with the following analytes are measured:
|pH||Used as a measurement in alkalinity|
|Alkalinity (as CaCO3)||Level of carbonate in your water (Hard Vs Soft)|
|Nitrate||indicator of nitrates in your supply can lead to the promotion of Nitrosamines|
|Calcium||The most important ion in brewing, essential for many processes in brewing|
|Chloride||Body and sweetness in the final beer|
|Sulphate||Texture and mouth feel in the final beer|
|Magnesium||Trace element, useful during fermentation, laxative effect also if too high|
To measure for Magnesium Hardness levels the simplest way would be to test for Total Hardness, Test for Calcium Hardness and then deduct the Calcium Hardness level from the Total Hardness which will leave you with the Magnesium Hardness value.